Installing the Exit Site Monitor web part can really only be done on a SharePoint master page, and it should be done as the very last thing before the closure of the FORM tag on the master page. Follow these steps to add the web part and configure it within the master page of your site collection.
1. Using SharePoint Designer open for edit the master page that you want to use in the site collection you want to monitor user's and links in.
2. Locate the very end of the master page and add the web part.
You can see that the web part has been installed just above the </form> tag which is very important, as it needs to capture all the tags in the fully rendered page to work correctly.
To insert the web part, do the following:
3. Click Insert on the SPD top tabs
4. Click the expend/down arrow on the Web Part button on the toolbar ribbon.
5. Select the SP Touch Group - Exit Site Monitor web part in the SP Touch Group Category.
6. This will insert the code for the web part into the master page
7. You can tidy up the code by adding some top and bottom comments.
8. The installation package will install an image that is used to shade the background and a CSS file that you can customize to alter the display of the pop-up. You will need to add the following line to the top of the master page so the style sheet file is loaded.
<SharePoint:CssRegistration name="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ExitSite.css %>" runat="server"/>
9. Save the master page
10. Check it in and Submit it for Publishing